Top Navigation

History

Dave’s Guitar Shop originated in La Crosse, Wisconsin when Dave Rogers decided to open his own shop after the music store he was employed at went out of business. La Crosse is a scenic small town located on the border of Wisconsin and Minnesota with the beautiful Mississippi River separating the two states.

The shop first opened on July 1, 1982 with 17 guitars of Dave’s own stock and has since grown into one of the largest and most reputable guitar shops in the nation. The now 20,000 square foot building located at 1227 S. Third St. sells new, used, and vintage electric and acoustic guitars, amplifiers and accessories from manufacturers such as Fender, Gibson, Paul Reed Smith, Gretsch, and Rickenbacker. Fender and PRS now custom make models to Rogers’ specifications.

People come from miles around to shop at Dave’s and to view Dave’s incredible personal collection of over 350 guitars and amps. The collection includes custom color Strats, black guard Teles, and dot-neck 335’s. Currently, 15% of sales are local. The other 85% are to customers from all around the world. A very large percentage of sales are via the telephone or the web site.

Some famous guitar legends have done business with Dave’s Guitar Shop. These include Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, Joe Walsh of the Eagles, members of Pink Floyd, the Kentucky Headhunters, Everclear, Night Ranger, Vince Gill, Elliot Easton, REO Speedwagon, and Def Leppard. The Rolling Stones once bought a vintage amplifier from the store for Keith Richards.

Another major customer was Eric Clapton. He was kind enough to stop in our booth when we were invited to display our guitars at the first Clapton Crossroads Festival in Dallas, Texas. What a day that was!

We invite you to visit our store for an experience you’re not likely to forget. You can even browse through our huge online inventory. Our stock is changing daily, so check back often!

Recent News

PRS Factory Visit / Wood Library
May 23, 2015 by Tylor PRS Tour005

We recently got a chance to go and spend some time with our friends out at PRS. We got a chance to spend sometime in the Stevensville area on Sunday… READ MORE

Blog

  • PRS_DEALER_SPOTLIGHT
    PRS Dealer Spotlight
    May 18, 2015 by Tylor

    Our friends over at Paul Reed Smith recently did a small interview with us and posted a very nice dealer spotlight on their website! Head over there and check it… READ MORE

  • Dave's Guitar Shop
    PRS and Dave’s NOS Guitars
    October 16, 2013 by Tylor

    Over the last 6 Months we have been recieving some awesome NOS Artist Brazilian and Korina McCarty guitars from PRS. Check out these videos of Paul discussing talking about these… READ MORE

  • Dave's Guitar Shop
    Taylor Find your Fit Event
    October 4, 2013 by Tylor

    We are hosting a Taylor find your fit event on Saturday Oct. 12th. Taylor’s factory experts will be on hand to help you learn more about Tone Woods, Body Shapes… READ MORE

Create a new list